Student News Web Exclusives News

Sigma to headline Summer Ball 2019

Ministry of Sound will present the DJ duo along with Barely Legal and Just Geo. Lotto Boyzz and Hyde Park Brass will also be performing at the event.

Image Credit: Ministry of Sound

Nouse can exclusively reveal that Yorkshire-born DJ duo Sigma will headline Summer Ball 2019.

The drum and bass act made up of Cameron Edwards and Joe Lenzie formed at the University of Leeds and has sold over 4 million singles and clocked over 308 million YouTube views. They have had two number one singles in the UK chart: ‘Nobody to Love’ and ‘Changing’.

Sigma will be presented by Ministry of Sound, which will be taking over the stage during their set. As well as Sigma, Ministry of Sound will be presenting up-and-coming female garage DJ, Barely Legal, and their resident DJ, Just Geo.

The second act appearing at the ball will be Birmingham duo Lotto Boyzz, rising stars in the new sub-genre of Afro Bashment. The third act will be Leeds-based brass party band Hyde Park Brass, who released their debut album in 2018.

Summer Ball will take place at York Racecourse on 11 June from 8:30pm. The event will feature a paparazzi red carpet entrance and professional photos; a fun fair with white-knuckle rides, arcade games and inflatables; a casino; food vans, candyfloss, and retro sweet stalls.

Tickets include a free return bus service from campus to the venue and can be purchased here.