Film & TV Muse Top 5

Top 5 Couples Both On and Off the Screen

Five couples whose on-screen flirtations led to off-screen love.

Chemistry in front of the camera is one thing, but when the sparks continue to fly off set, it feels like a real-life fairy-tale. Here are our five favourite couples both on and off the screen:

5. Amanda Seyfried & Dominic Cooper

Photo Credit: Universal Pictures

The beautiful Greek island setting in Mamma Mia is enough to turn the most cold-hearted into a romantic, however it was Voulez Vous to the relationship when the two split after three years, reuniting on screen only for the sequel last year.

4. Vanessa Hudgens & Zac Efron

Photo Credit: Disney

These two wildcats got together for a brief fling during the filming of High School Musical, but it was time for the start of something new when they split in December 2010 soon after the final HSM film.

3. Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt

Photo Credit: 20th Century Fox

The tabloid dream pair played the leads in Mr and Mrs Smith alongside each other and for years were a poster pair for the perfect celebrity couple. However, their divorce in 2016 showed that not all stories can have Hollywood endings.

2. Hannah Tointon & Joe Thomas

Photo Credit: Channel 4

Although their awkward Inbetweeners’ characters didn’t fare so well, love was blooming off screen. The two got engaged in 2017 and recently starred in The Festival together.

1. Sarah Michelle Gellar & Freddie Prinze Jr.

Photo Credit: Warner Bros

I scooby – do! Meeting during the shoot of I Know What You Did Last Summer and going on to play Fred and Daphne alongside each other in two Scooby Doo films, the couple have been married for twelve years.